Want to use Midjourney to generate images for yourself or to show them to family and friends? To make the best use of this, you will need to subscribe to any of their plans. In this article, you will find out all about the Midjourney subscription and pricing process and other new alternatives to this.
What is Midjourney?
Midjourney is an AI-powered system that creates images with the text-to-image-model. The system excels at adapting real-world art styles to develop an image with any combination of things.
Currently, Midjourney is only accessible via a Discord bot on the official Discord of Midjourney. Alternatively, the bot can be loaded on a third-party server. Users can create multiple images using command features on Discord. However, the Midjourney subscription should be taken into account here, which we will talk about more in the next paragraphs.
How do AI image generator like Midjourney work?
AI image generators, also known as generative models, work by utilizing deep learning techniques, particularly generative adversarial networks (GANs) or variational autoencoders (VAEs). These models are trained on large datasets of existing images to learn patterns, styles, and features present in the data. Once trained, they can generate new images that resemble the training data.
Here’s a simplified overview of how GANs work, which are commonly used for image generation:
- Generator: The generator is a neural network that takes random noise as input and transforms it into an image. Initially, the generated images are random and meaningless.
- Discriminator: The discriminator is another neural network that evaluates whether an image is real or fake. It is trained on a dataset of real images and the generated images from the generator. The goal of the discriminator is to distinguish between real and fake images accurately.
- Training: During the training process, the generator and discriminator are trained simultaneously in a competitive manner. The generator tries to generate more realistic images to fool the discriminator, while the discriminator tries to improve its ability to differentiate between real and fake images.
- Feedback Loop: The generator receives feedback from the discriminator on how well it is doing in generating realistic images. This feedback is used to update the generator’s weights and improve its ability to generate more convincing images.
- Convergence: Through repeated iterations of this adversarial process, the generator becomes better at generating images that the discriminator struggles to differentiate from real images. Eventually, the generator produces high-quality images that resemble the training data.
It’s important to note that AI image generators do not understand the semantic meaning of the images they generate. They learn statistical patterns from the training data and try to generate new images based on those patterns. The results can be impressive, but they may lack real-world context or deeper understanding.
How to access Midjourney
As mentioned above, you currently need a Discord account to use Midjourney. If you don’t use Discord yet, please create a Discord account first. Discord is a chat platform where you can create your own private and secure area. Good news: there is no additional cost for you to use Discord.
Next, log in to midjourney.com with your Discord account and give Midjourney the rights to access your account.
Finally, you can sign up for the Midjourney beta by clicking here: https://discord.com/invite/midjourney
What you need to know about Midjourney subscription and subscription:
As of right now, Midjourney is unfortunately no longer avalaible for free, which makes the Midjourney subscription even more relevant. According to a Washington Post interview with Midjourney CEO David Holz, the high demand and misuse of the Midjourney test version has led the software to be barred behind a pay wall. Over time, more and better deepfakes of real people have appeared. Most recently, pictures of the arrested Donald Trump or Pope Francis in a white down jacket made the rounds.
The consequences: Midjourney pulled the plug on free access for now and asked interested parties to instead pay the Midjourney subscription. This is what Holz said on the Discord server of Midjourney:
How to subscribe to Midjourney?
Midjourney subscription payment options:
- Only debit card operated by different services such as VISA, American Express or Mastercard.
- PayPal is not accepted
Midjourney subscription plans:
- Free trial (currently disabled): 25 minutes GPU time forever
- Basic: $9 monthly, GPU time 200 minutes a month, personal bot chat, private visibility (additional $20 a month)
- Standard: $24 monthly, GPU time 15 hours a month, unlimited relax GPU time + all the benefits mentioned above
- Corporate: $48 monthly, GPU time 30 hours a month + all the benefits mentioned above
How to cancel Midjourney subscription?
If you’re contemplating canceling your subscription and hoping to receive a possible refund, then here is what you can do:
Cancel process: Midjourney lets you cancel your subscription at any time, and it will be effective by the end of the current billing cycle. The good thing is that you will be able to use the plan despite your cancellation. Additionally, you can always revoke your cancellation before the end of the cycle.
Refunds: You are eligible for a refund for your active subscription plan if you are OK with reducing your fast time by 1% (that is, if you are currently running jobs which include both relax and fast ones). If you still have some questions about the process, discover further details regarding billing and licensing by clicking here.
Free Midjourney Alternative - creating images with ImageFlash
If you are looking for an AI image generator that you can use without a subscription or are in the process of cancelling your Midjourney subscription while searching for an alternative, then look no further! With ImageFlash, you can create AI-generated photos with a simple description completely for free. Here is how it works:
Envision the image in your mind and communicate your vision to ImageFlash in a short sentence. With the aid of our magic pen tool, you don’t even have to think about how to further optimize your prompt. neuroflash can effortlessly and automatically optimize your prompt for you and help you achieve even better results:
Choose how many images you want the AI to generate for you. You can select up to four images. Afterwards, neuroflash processes your prompt and creates matching results. You can save, share or otherwise use your images. All images generated by the AI are completely copyright free!
So what are you waiting for? Turn your creativity and imagination into unique, royalty-free images for free and with no subscription!
Not convinced yet? Here are some examples, generated with ImageFlash:
Are you curious about the appearance of AI Images featuring neuroflash technology? Then check out some of our favourites examples and you’ll see that the results are absolutely stunning! With a clear, sophisticated design, AI Images with neuroflash will be the perfect choice for whatever project you have in mind. Get ready to create something truly beautiful and special.
Useful tips on how to generate AI images
- Make sure the text is well formulated and easy to read. The algorithm will have a hard time understanding complex or poorly formatted text.
- Use descriptive words and phrases to help the algorithm create a more accurate image.
- Be specific about what you want the image to depict. The more specific you are, the better the chances of the algorithm creating a similar image are.
- Try to use common words and phrases that are likely to be found in standard images. This will help the algorithm generate a more realistic image.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to use Midjourney?
Midjourney costs between $10 to $60 per month, depending on which plan you need. There is technically also a free trial which is good for 25 image generations, however, the free version has currently been disabled.
Do I need a subscription to use Midjourney?
Yes, since the free trial version is no longer available, everyone who wants to use Midjourney has to subscribe to one of the paid plans showcased above.
How do I buy a Midjourney subscription?
Go to https://www.midjourney.com/account/ or use the /subscribe command to generate a link to the subscription page.
Are there any free AI art generators?
Yes, the neuroflash image generator, for example, is completely free and can be used without a subscription to create high quality AI images.
In this article, you read about the Midjourney subscription and what it entails. The image generator is a great option if you want to have some cool photos to show off. But other alternatives, like neuroflash, are easier to access and still give you amazing best result.